WHAT MAKES A LEMBEH DIVE GUIDE?
Here at Lembeh Resort we aim to provide you with the best possible team of dive staff and we are constantly seeking new ways to deliver you the dive trip of a lifetime. If you are diving in one of the most phenomenal regions on Earth we believe you should have an equally phenomenal dive guide.
It’s not easy to be the best of the best. Our dive guides’ training is extensive so that you receive the ultimate Lembeh experience. Our dive guide training program includes:
- Annual rescue training
- Marine biology training with our in house Marine Biologist
- Photography training with our Photo Pro – hours of classroom study and hundreds of dives practicing and observing techniques
- Critter Log training
- 4 levels of critter testing
- Thousands of individual dives in the Lembeh Strait identifying critters
- Combined total of over 70,000 Lembeh Strait dives
- Extended training in Bunaken and Bangka
We also have a team of dedicated photography dive guides who have undergone additional hours of classroom theory taught by our Photo Pros and participated in professional workshops. Our photography dive guides have hundreds of hours of in-water experience – often with some of the world’s most esteemed photographers. Our underwater photography dive guides not only understand photography but they have a real passion for it and are always enthusiastic to help underwater photographers.
For those who are seeking a more exclusive experience we also offer private dive guides and camera caddy guides for underwater photographers.