Steve Fish (yes, his name really is Fish) is a professional underwater photographer, filmmaker and author with over 39 years of diving experience. Since 1993 he has worked full time at dive resorts and on liveaboard dive boats around the world as UW Photo/Video Pro in residence.
His photos have appeared in magazines and books around the world. His UW video footage has been used in broadcast projects on 3 continents. He is the author of six recent books; two on UW Video and Editing techniques and four on Underwater Digital Photography.
Steve teaches a variety of courses on Underwater Photography and Underwater Videography. He currently is based in Bali working on film, book and app projects as well as occasional freelance assignments in SE Asia.
Steve Fish’s Professional Experience and Qualifications:
• 39 Years experience in Scuba Diving
• 36 Years experience in Professional Photography
• 20 Years experience in UW Video Production
• Author of 6 books on UW Digital Photography and Videography
• Lembeh Resort, North Sulawesi Indonesia (2.5 years)
• Kararu Dive Voyages Throughout Indonesia (2 years)
• Expedition Fleet Liveaboards, Palau, Philippines and Marshall Islands (2 Years)
• Wakatobi Dive Resort, SE Sulaweisi, Indonesia (1 Year)
• Sangalaki Dive Lodge, Sangalaki Island, East Kalimantan, Indonesia (1 Year)
• Borneo Photo and Video Center, Sipadan, Malaysia (5 years)
• Manta Visions Photo and Video Center, Yap, FSM (3 years)
• Posada del Sol, Guanaja, Bay Islands, Honduras (2 years)
Bachelor of Arts with honors - Professional Photography – Brooks Institute, Santa Barbara, CA
Major: Industrial and Scientific Photography, Minor: Undersea Photography - Brooks Institute - 1976
PADI OWSI - Pro Dive - 1993
Resort Operations Specialist - Pro Dive - 1993
PADI MSDT -1993
IANTD Nitrox Instructor - Dive USA - 1995
Hyperbaric Chamber Operator – Borneo Divers - 1999
More of his work can be seen at www.fishtalesfilms.com